Saturday, November 16, 2013

Baked Egg in Avocado

Hey blog readers!  This is my first post here, but I whipped up a taste-tastic breakfast this morning that was begging to be shared.



We went out and bought a ton of groceries last week and made a pledge to not buy anything further until we need to food shop for Thanksgiving.  Working with what I had I eyeballed an avocado, some eggs that would be out of date in a few days, some turkey bacon, and a bit of shredded cheddar.  I remembered that at one point I had seen a baked egg in an avocado on Pinterest and decided that would be my breakfast's muse.

I started by putting my small cast iron pan in the oven, which was already on 350 degrees due to Dade pre-cooking the sausages for dinner tonight.  I continued by cutting the avocado in half and hollowing the middle out some.  I removed the preheated pan from the oven, cracked the eggs into the avocado's hollows, added some turkey bacon and topped with some of the cheddar.




I baked my new masterpieces until my eggs were done and my cheese was slightly crispy.  Some of the egg leaked out during cooking, so next time I will make a larger hollow.  Other than that, they were absolutely delicious!  I recommend you try it out.  It's a quick, tasty, and healthy breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment