Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pastas and Salads



Creamy Avocado Pasta

I've been reading some recipes on Pinterest and Jenn and I decided to make our own twist on a recipe we found. This is our take on a creamy avocado pasta. It turned out a bit more citrus tasting that initially  intended but I feel that it worked out well.

2 whole avocados
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1/2 cup of olive oil 
container of grape tomatoes halved
1/2 cup of pine nuts
 
Put avocados, olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice in food processor and pulse until creamy. Put halved tomatoes and pine nuts on a baking sheet greasedlightly with olive oil, cook on low broil until tomatoes wither a bit.Mix al dente pasta of choice with creamy sauce, and top with tomatoes and pine nuts. Serve warm.

Fig Balsamic Caprese Salad


The caprese salad is my personal favorite ever since my days as a pantry chef at Travinia. Since then I have played around with Caprese for quite some time, and this is by far my favorite. I try my best to use my own recipes for everything, but there are some seasonings and sauces that I'm brand loyal to such as Stonewall Kitchen and Jane's Krazy Mixed-Up Seasonings.



The only place I've been able to find it is Earth Fare, and it's worth the trip and every penny I assure you.


Usually I can find this at Food Lion, Kroger, or Publix as well as other stores. It's much more common in stores now, than it was back when I used it the most at the restaurant I worked at back in my teenage years.

Balsamic Fig Caprese Salad
1 container of grape tomatoes halved
1 container of small fresh mozarella in brine halved and strained
6 large fresh basil leaves julienned
1/2 cup of dressing or enough to make the salad wet
Pepper to taste
Serve Cold

Sorry it's taken so long to churn out a new post, but I'll get on that. Next blarg will be about volunteering for Jaycee's Hall of Horrors, and a bit about today's pasta dish as well as my Chickpea Basil Salad!

P.S.

I wanted to leave you guys with a video of Ingrid Michaelson 
performing an old Elvis song that represents my current feels.


No comments:

Post a Comment