Saturday, November 16, 2013

Moar Pastas



Pesto Torichette with Turkey Sausage and Roasted Brussel Sprouts
(Sriracha optional)

It's been a rather busy day, but we finally got home and got things together for dinner. Earlier I had precooked the sausages to save time while I was working. Sometimes, I'm really into pesto and would even go as far as to mix it in with mashed potatoes other times, not so much. In this instance, it was fantastic!

One package Italian Turkey Sausage
One package of Torichette Pasta
1/2 pound of brussel sprouts halved
two tablespoons granulated garlic
1/4 cup of pesto
Grated Parm (for garnish)
Sriracha to taste

As mentioned before I baked the sausage until crisp on the outside (at 350 for about 25/30 minutes). The brussel sprouts I simply halved and coated with a little bit of olive oil and the granulated garlic and baked until crisp at 400 degrees. Then we cooked the pasta until al dente and mixed in the pesto. I'm a big fan of topping my pasta and sauce rather than mixing in the meats and or veggies that have been cooked separately thus the reason why I topped instead of mixed in. I think garnished with a bit of grated parm, but something was still missing. In lieu of current circumstances regarding Sriracha sauce and it's possible extinction gave some healthy squirts and voila... Awesome Pasta.

Dem Feels for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment