Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Rosemary Garlic Potato and Turkey Sausage and Brussel Sprout Tacos



Rosemary and Garlic Potato Tacos (inspired by Turkey Sausage and Brussel Sprout Tacos)


I know what you're thinking,"What do you mean brussel sprout tacos?" We had leftovers from the other day when we made the Sausage and Brussel Sprout Torichiette, and on a whim I decided to warm them up and dress them in hard taco shells with shredded cheddar (the Fontina was sliced not shredded, and I'd rather maintain the texture). It was fantastic. I didn't imagine that it would turn out so killer, but it really did. I also made cheese tostadas on the side for Jennika and I. Again, Sriracha Sriracha. It's getting old I know, but my insurmountable paranoia about the possibility of it being discontinued has heightened my usage considerably.

Since the alternate ingredient tacos I have been stirring on other vegetables/ingredients to use, and came to the decision today to dice a few potatoes and a half an onion in some butter and garlic and rosemary. Topped with shredded cheddar and turkey bacon bits; I had found a winner.

As far as a recipe for the sausage and Brussel sprout tacos, follow the steps for roasting and baking the ingredients from the previous blog on the Pesto Torichiette recipe. The potatoes, a bit more.

Three potatoes diced into centimeter or slightly larger cubes
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
One half onion diced
tablespoon of rosemary
two tablespoons of minced granulated garlic
teaspoon of jane's krazy mixed up salt
teaspoon of jane's krazy mixed up pepper
1/8 cup turkey bacon bits
10 corn tortillas warmed or steamed

Add butter to pan and melt, then add potatoes and seasonings. As Potatoes become slightly cooked and more tender add in the onion. Keep potatoes cooking but only until easily chewable in the mouth, do not overcook until mushy. Remove from heat once optimal tenderness is reached, and dish out servings onto double corn tortillas (each taco should be two corn tortillas for added support and tortillas should be warmed to avoid breaking), add cheese and desired toppings (sour cream, salsa, etc). Serve Warm.

Caprese, not just as a salad anymore.

 


The Other night after Jenn made Beer and Cheese Soup (recipe and entry pending), we didn't have much in the way of dessert but we were still a tad bit hungry. Seeing as tomatoes are a fruit, and Jennika loves any sort of cheese I rounded up the sliced Fontina I talked about earlier, and sliced a leftover tomato with the cheese layered in it. I topped it with a balsamic glaze. I Also got some of our mozarella balls in brine out and drained them. I sprinkled some Jane's Mixed up pepper on them and added some separate Stonewall Kitchen Balsamic Fig dressing to the other side for dipping. Sweet/Savory Dessert Achieved.

Dem Feels after successful weird tacos.


No comments:

Post a Comment